Friday, August 26, 2011

Poole


So like I said before I'm staying in the town of Poole, just by the sea. It is along with Bournemouth and Christchurch the boroughs of the Dorset country. Poole is fairly small and has been a little erratic with its weather. Sometimes it will rain for 5 minutes and be cold and then after it has pasted the sun will come out and you will be ablaze with warmth. It just feels like it's not sure what exactly it wants to do. Either way I'm enjoying it, learning a little bit more each day and taking adventures around town with my nursing pal Georgina. She has a very adventurous spirit and I'm trying to learn something from that. She's also great at trying to defuse stress, yes I know the poor girl has hardly known me for 4 days and she's already seen the ball of stress I can become. Anyway, here are a few photos of Poole I've taken over the last few days.

(Secretly hidden shopping center)
(View of the harbor on a rainy day)
This is ASDA, in case you are wondering what it reminds you of, think no more! It's owned by Walmart and is basically the UK's answer to the superstore. We went to explore it the other day and as soon as I walked in I noticed it even smells like walmart! They have some of the same brands that they have back home, but ironically enough, it looks a little bit better.

3 comments:

  1. lol ohhhh ASDA! We had one right next to the dorms in leicester! they have good microwave pizzas! :) I love your pictures! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but is everyone trashy is the ASDA, that's what i want to know. and did you get yelled at for snatching?

    ReplyDelete