Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HERE!



I'M HERE!!!!!!!!! Finally, I've made my way to Poole! This is where I'll be staying for the next 4 weeks while I take a class at the university. After that is completed I'll be heading for London for my first assignment (if all goes right)!
What am I doing you ask? Well I'm spending the next year-year and a half roaming around the UK as a travel nurse. The pay will be crappy, but the experience will be worth it. I might have to opportunity to work in all the UK countries (Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and of course England), but due to everyones economy being in a downfall I might just stay in England. Either way I'll be a happy camper, I am loving being in a new place, but I can't lie I do miss my friends and family already.
So on my way over I was mid-flight when my entire body broke out into hives, I'm talking palms of my hands, throat, chest, stomach, arms, legs, back, even the soles of my feet! I'm fairly certain it was stress induced since I hadn't consumed anything new or different that day. Once I got into London, I took the coach into Poole and have been enjoying the sea side town.
Here's a photo from when
I was attempting to pack all my junk into 2 suitcases and 1 hiking pack. This photo of me (and Frankenstein) was before I jammed too much stuff in it and then killed my back lugging it around England. (Excuse the crappy iPhone photos)














This is a photo of all the things I brought to the UK, only 3 bags and of course my wellies!

Currently I'm living in a house that a very fun couple own and rent to nurses coming for the class at Bournemouth University. They are really kind and have 2 fuzzy cats they let me love on endlessly. Do you see why I love them? haha! There is another nurse living here for the next 4 weeks as well. She is working with the same agency as I am and her name is George (yes, it really is). She is Australian and I'm really enjoying her company. At the class today I found out I was the only American there! There were 3 Canadians and then the rest were Australians and Kiwis, it's insane. I love hearing all the different accents, but then I feel a little left out ha.
So all together, everything so far has gone very well, hopefully I'll do a little more exploring around Poole tomorrow and have photos for you all. It is a really small and quaint sea side town. Did you know, they have the second largest natural harbor? It really is beautiful.

2 comments: