Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welp...

        I'm sorry to report that I don't have any photos to show you. I know, I know, I'm bad. It's just that my camera said it had a full charge when I left the house and then as soon as I got to Holland it decided that, nope, sorry no battery at all! Also my iPhone isn't working properly over here, so I guess what I'm getting at is you just have to wait til I get back to the UK. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm in Holland!!!!!! Specifically I'm crashing at Gloria's dorm room at Leiden University, just about a 15 minute train ride outside of Amsterdam. It is beautiful here and I'm having a ton of fun hanging with Gloria and meeting new people from all over the world. I'm starting to feel like I'm back at college. I love talking to new people about anything and playing charades (as glo likes to call it) in order to communicate. It has been simply lovely.


     So since I haven't been able to use my camera I've been learning to take more mental photos. When I find myself feeling overwhelmed with happiness and wanting to take a photo, I take it all in and remember exactly what is happening in that moment. It's pure happiness, but I have to admit later I wish I had a photo to show you all and let you in on what was so great. So with that said I'm going to leave you with a quick mental photo that I will keep with me forever, I felt disgustingly and immensely over run with joy.


     Gloria and I were going out with some of her pals and they wanted to ride bikes, so in true dutch style we climbed on the back of the bikes (skirts and all) and headed out into the warm summer night. The most important part is this: A gaggle of girls riding through the town, giggling, smiling at each other and racing bicycles through town. It might not seem like it was DA BOMB, but in that moment I just felt so much admiration for all these lovely girls who have been so kind to me and they don't even know me. The smell of Holland at night and feeling like a kid on the back of a bicycle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment